Supernova: Never Surrender - Release Notes (v0.17.0)
Supernova: Never Surrender brings some radical changes compared to the last Open Beta version of Supernova:
|✔||everything is unlocked|
|✔||server status tracking on Discord|
|✔||play for free|
|❌||no regular updates|
|❌||no persistent profile (stats, medals, etc.)|
|❌||no global chat|
|❌||no in-game friends system|
|❌||English version only|
|❌||Windows version only|
Find the details on balance changes, fixes, and updates below:
1 Balance Changes
|Tactical Abilities||Fixed an issue that caused incorrect values to be displayed in a few Tactical Ability tooltips.|
|Tactical Abilities||Turret Control||Initial Cooldown increased to 240 seconds (from 120 seconds)|
|Faction Abilities||Rematerialize||Fixed an issue that allowed Rematerialize to be cast on units in stealth (e.g. Phantom with the Cloaking research).|
|Proficiencies||Slayer||Damage bonus per stack reduced to 2.5% (from 3%)|
|Augmentations||Battle Computer “Thunder”||Fixed an issue that prevented this Augmentation to increase the Commander’s Maximum Energy.|
|Unit Techs||Armor per Research||Fixed an issue that caused this Unit Tech to provide reduced effect at research levels 2 and 3.|
|Unit Techs||Damage per Research||Fixed an issue that caused this Unit Tech to provide reduced effect at research levels 2 and 3.|
2 User Interface
- Improved the Profile’s Augmentations tab.
- Having insufficient energy to cast an ability is now visible on the ability’s icon when the ability is on cooldown.
- The Game Results window can now be closed before animations are finished.
- Visually updated the Death Recap window.
- Visually updated the selection frame of the Select Profile Icon window.
2.2 Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that caused Force theme selection to reset when trading slots in the Lobby with a player using a different faction.
- Fixed an issue that allowed selecting environment after locking in the Lobby.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Game Results screen to always display the Desert environment’s background.
- Fixed an issue that very rarely caused the client to freeze opening the Force Overview window when playing the Forces Tutorial.
- Fixed an issue that caused the game window to blink when selecting Loadouts in the Augmentations tab of the Profile window.
- Fixed an issue that caused the top of Commander ability icons to be displayed brighter when the abilities could not be cast due to low energy.
- Fixed an issue that prevented triggering a save confirmation when a Unit Tech was removed from a Force Set by drag-and-drop.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Commander’s standard skin to be visible for a brief time when selecting a Commander in the Lobby that loads a non-standard skin.
- Fixed an issue that rarely caused the Profile window to appear with empty fields.
3 Visual Changes
3.1 Updated Content
- Talo’thrix’ Cyber skin: new visual effects, updated textures and pictures.
- Commander walking animations have been re-enabled after resolving a number of technical issues.
- Additional Lobby animations added for Blaze, Nyx, Talo’thrix, and Targon.
- Updated Lobby animations for Eos, Targon, and Vikka’s Steel Battalion skin.
- Updated movement animations for Reptus.
- Updated animation for the Propulsion Accelerator (Q) ability of Legatus Karnel’s Afterburner skin.
- Updated icons for the triggered effects of default Loadouts.
- Updated icon for the passive effect of Shadrach’s Scattercharge (Q) ability.
- Updated visual effect of Plasma Plating (Proficiency).
- Minor updates to the visual effects of Vikka’s Steel Battalion skin.
- Minor updates to the portraits of Ares 5, Blaze, J.P., Maxim, Mortanica, Reptus, Vikka, and Xenos.
- Updated lighting at a few locations on the Desert environment.
3.3 Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that caused visual effects to disappear from Commanders in the Lobby after a short delay.
- Fixed various animation issues with Dagur’s Cuddles.
- Fixed in-game model center of B.R.O. and Xenos.
- Fixed Lobby model position of Slith.
- Fixed a few Lobby model issues for Zan-kir’s Zenmaster skin.
4 Audio Changes
- New “Victory” and “Defeat” VO lines are played at the end of a game.
- New “Help” VO lines are played when using the “Help Me” minimap signal.
- New “Commander Kill Special” VO lines are played with a small chance when a Commander kills a specific other Commander.
- Commanders now laugh when the appropriate messages are written to the chat (e.g. “haha”, “lol”, “:)”).
- Commanders now play “thanks” lines when the appropriate messages are written to the chat (e.g. “thank you”, “thanks”, “ty”).
- Additional VO lines for Ares 5, Itarri, Vikka, and Zan-kir.
- Additional VO lines for Commanders locking in the Lobby.
- Ability uses of Commanders and “Building Under Attack” announcement VO lines are played less frequently.
- Sound effect updated for Turret Control (Tactical Ability).
- Sound effects of identical minimap signals are played less frequently.
- Announcer VO lines are now fading out over a short duration when interrupted.
4.2 Bug Fixes
- Volume fixes for various sound effects.
- Fixed an issue that interrupted playing VOs when ability casts were spammed on an invalid target.
- Fixed an issue that caused the VO played to be continued when canceling the Lobby or the Game Results tutorial.
- Fixed a few sound effect issues with Targon.
- Pressing and holding TAB now opens the Battle Overview window and closes it when released.
- You can also set custom hotkeys in the Settings window for the Force Overview, Commander Upgrades and Death Recap windows.
- Added new option to the Settings:
- Disable Camera Zoom: disables mouse wheel camera zoom
- Upgraded medal icons are now displayed in the Game Results screen when unlocked.
- Lore added for Blaze and Itarri.
- Locally stored player settings are now moved to a folder named “Profile”.
5.2 Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that caused the Commander to start moving to a formerly given move location when using certain Commander abilities while under the effect of a Stop command.
- Fixed miscellaneous crashes and minor issues of the user interface, visual effects, tutorials, AI, force analysis, and text.